/dotted archer

8.29.2013

It's apparent that I've been bit by the seriously infectious Grainline patterns bug. Once you've started, it's not possible make just one. Really. I might be cutting another of Jen's designs today.

For my third go on the Archer pattern (one & two), I thought I'd go with the most traditional variant, view A. This time I didn't change much at all, only lengthened it by 1 inch.


My favorite parts of making the Archer are the sleeve details. The cuff and pleating and yes, even the sleeve slit placket... mmmm. The placket- I am ill, right? Just the thought of them make me want to sew another shirt right now. Also, since investing in button and buttonhole feet for my Bernina (mine didn't come with many feet at all) I have become a complete button convert. The process was okay before, now it's downright LOVELY.


The Robert Kaufman Dot Indigo cotton I used is light enough to wear as the summer heat winds down ("heat" here in the Pacific Northwest usually tops out at 85ish degrees, mind you) but will definitely be a staple for Fall. Preferably with my green high-waisted toothpick cords. Is anyone else as excited as me that CORD SEASON IS COMING?! Huge cord fiend right here. Pretty sure I need to start a hunt for some nice non-stretch corduroy and get a Clover pant muslin started.

No comments:

Post a Comment

seymour.
Blog design by Labina @ Plexicod.