11.05.2010

I've been procrastinating once again on sewing stuff (but busy with Christmas presents!). I have a ton of projects lined up that I pretty much have all the materials for, but am not moving forward with- for one excuse, my terrible iron! Bad bad BAD. Spitting, no- spewing water, drenching everything in sight! I seriously avoided sewing projects altogether because of that thing. The thought did cross my mind to turn off the steam, and not refill it. One problem: I'm obsessed with steam.

Today, that horrific thing was demoted to no-steam craft projects only and this came into my life: 

A Rowenta DG5030 Pressure Iron!!!!!!!
It's the best thing ever, because I am obsessed with steam. Must have steam. See that big thing the iron is resting on? That's where the steam lives. This thing can steam vertically, horizontally, and upside down without spitting! It's truly a steamy miracle.






On a completely unrelated note, if you have access to pumpkin butter, you MUST 
whisk it with maple syrup and toasted walnuts, warm it in a saucepan, then put it on a waffle.





I found a recipe for pumpkin butter, but got mine at a fruit stand in Eastern Washington. It looks like they also sell it at Trader Joe's which is super exciting because I've eaten most of our stash. It is SO good.




Going to sew now, WITH STEAM!

1 comment:

  1. oh my god steam is like the most essential part of sewing. We should make MORE STEAM t-shirts.

    ReplyDelete

seymour.
Blog design by Labina @ Plexicod.